6220 E Dublin Granville Rd, New Albany, OH, United States
6220 East Dublin Granville Road New Albany Ohio 43054 US
LifeTown is a realistic indoor ‘city’ designed specifically for children with special needs to have fun while practicing important life skills through role-play.
- Our program was modeled after the LifeTown in Bloomfield Michigan. A third location in Livingston, NJ has opened based on the same model.
- LifeTown is the only facility of its kind in Ohio and one of only three in the United States that gives students with disabilities a chance to build the life, social and pre-employment skills that will help them to transition into adulthood.
- Beginning in kindergarten, students work on lessons related to pedestrian safety, counting coins or learning to make transactions in a store.
- As they master those concepts, they will graduate to more complex concepts such as learning to socialize and care for others, managing one’s own doctor’s visits, or making and keeping appointments.
- For students in middle and high school, they will contemplate community employment and learn about the types of jobs available and how to successfully apply and interview for those positions.
Daily Life , Education, Employment, Safety & Security , Social
Columbus, OH, USA
Columbus, OH, USA
Provides residential and recreational services to children and adults with intellectual and devel...
The country’s largest cross-disability membership organization that organizes the disability comm...
Disability Training for First Responders: Serving People with Disabilities The Ohio Disability an...
1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)
Disability and Health Emergency Preparedness Related Pages Emergencies and disasters can s...
1369 E Front St, Logan, OH, USA
SOCIL believes that people with disabilities have the right to choices and opportunities in socie...
1. Prenatal/infancy (0-2 Years) 2. Early Childhood (3-6 Years) 3. School Age (6-18 Years) 4. Transition (14-20 Years)
510 E. North Broadway, 4th Floor Columbus, OH 43214 10 mi
1581 Dodd Drive, Columbus, OH, USA 12.06 mi
How to talk to your kids about coronavirus
Columbus, OH, USA 12.46 mi
6220 E Dublin Granville Rd, New Albany, OH, United States 0 mi
LifeTown is a realistic indoor city designed specifically for children with special needs to ha...
240 Market Street, New Albany, OH, United States 0.48 mi
see Joel Wood, MD Highlights Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient...
947 East Johnstown Road, Gahanna, OH, USA 3.45 mi
Kya’s Krusade identifies and creates programs, services and tools that enable children with...
5250 Strawberry Farms Boulevard, Columbus, OH, United States 4.81 mi
We are proud to offer a therapeutic day camp to our special needs youth! Kid’s Kamp is a ve...
3977 Morse Crossing, Columbus, OH, USA 5.56 mi
Stepppin’ Out is the signature monthly dinner of Friendship Connection. The event happens ...
2. Early Childhood (3-6 Years) 3. School Age (6-18 Years) 4. Transition (14-20 Years) 1. Prenatal/infancy (0-2 Years)
187 W Schrock Rd, Westerville, OH, United States 6.03 mi
The Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders and the Child Development Center at Nationwide Children’...
187 W Schrock Rd, Westerville, OH 43081, USA 6.03 mi
The Child Development Center and the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders at Nationwide Child...