This organization helps individuals with disabilities and coordination problems to achieve their highest potential through the AIM method of Special Movement Education. Services include one-on-one movement instruction, a water program, recreational activities for siblings and parents, referrals, information counseling and follow up, distribution of donated items, and a newsletter.
There is never a charge for services and no one is ever turned away. All funds are derived through donations, foundations, businesses, corporations, organizations, memberships, and fund raising.
All ages from newborn to the elderly can benefit from AIM and is adaptable for any person with any of the following disabilities or disorders:
- Intellectual disability
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Severe Behavior Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Hearing Impaired
- Visually Impaired
- Orthopedic Impairment
Current operations during COVID-19
- Classroom sessions are offered through a zoom link where a teacher will perform their 30-minute AIM session with them
- One-on-one sessions are offered through zoom links for individuals who are unable to come to the AIM center in person
- One-on-one sessions at the center must follow AIM’s Caring Guideline
- Please arrive at the AIM Center only 5 minutes prior to your appointment with only yourself and your child for the appointment when possible. When you arrive, please stay in your car and call us at the center and let us know that you have arrived. One of our trained AIM Staff will come to your car and take your temperature. If your child’s temperature is 100.4 or higher, they will not be able to come into the building. This absence will not count against you.
- Everyone that is entering the building will have their temperature checked, and if deemed safe, will enter the building for their scheduled 30-minute AIM Session.
- AIM Staff and your child will wash their hands before going down to the AIM Center.
- When your AIM Session is over, we are asking that you come down to the Center where your child is having AIM and leave through this door instead of the front.
- All AIM Staff will be wearing face masks. We strongly encourage anyone entering the AIM Center also to wear face masks if appropriate.
- After each AIM Session there will be a 30-minute time of deep cleaning of all surfaces at the AIM Center that were used before the next family arrives.
- If you believe your child is sick or has a temperature, please call us and let us know of your situation. Do not bring your child to the AIM Center if you believe they are sick.