|WANT TO BE A PARTNER IN SCIENCE?
YOUTH WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES AND THEIR CAREGIVERS ARE NEEDED
|EACH PARTICIPANT WILL RECEIVE A $25.00 GIFT CARD!|
|The Ohio State University Nisonger Center needs your help to develop an interview about the mental health of youth with Intellectual Disability (ID). Interested youth and their parents or caregivers will be asked to participate in a 60-90-minute session that will help develop interview items. Participants will play an important role in an effort to improve the mental health outcomes of adolescents and young adults with ID.
Who can participate?
• Youth with an intellectual disability aged 14-21.
• Parents or caregivers of these youth.
What will participants be asked to do?
• Each participant would take part in one individual session of approximately 60-90 minutes (with breaks) at the Nisonger Center in Columbus
• Youth will be asked to respond to a set of interview questions about mental health, including providing feedback on a set of illustrations related to the interview questions about emotions, feelings, and behaviors.
• Parents or caregivers will be asked to provide feedback on the interview questions asked of youth.
How do youth and caregivers benefit?
• Participating youth and their parents or caregivers will each receive reimbursement for their time in the form of a $25.00 gift card.
• Participants will contribute to an important effort to develop the first diagnostic assessment of mental health disorders among youth with ID.
Participation in this study is voluntary. All participants’ information will be kept confidential. Participation has no bearing on participants’ status in any program or referring organization.
This project is supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) through Grant MH108869 to the University of Oregon with the participation of SRI International and Ohio State University.
|To find out if you are eligible to participate or for more information without obligation, please contact Cheryl Li, B.Sc. (Ohio State Nisonger Center) at 614-366-1715 or Cheryl.Li@osumc.edu|
YOUTH WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES AND THEIR CAREGIVERS ARE NEEDED admin
Type of Resource