• Have trouble paying attention and staying on task?
• Suffer from disorganization, procrastination, or forgetfulness?
• Have difficulty with restlessness or trouble managing strong feelings such as anger and frustration?
• Struggle with self-doubt and difficulty following through?
• In a way that causes problems in your relationships or your work?
If so, you may have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)—like an estimated 8 million adults in this country. Physician-researcher Dr. Lidia Zylowska has created an 8-step program for using mindfulness practice (attention and awareness training) to overcome the symptoms of ADHD. The program includes practices such as sitting meditation, body awareness, thoughtful speaking and listening, development of self-acceptance, mindful self-coaching, cultivation of a balanced view of thoughts and emotions, and more. Dr. Zylowska educates readers about ADHD, helping them to understand how their ADHD brain works and how they can use mindful awareness to work with their challenges. She also explains how the mindful approach can be combined with other treatments, including medications, to boost self-improvement.
This book is accompanied by an audio program of guided mindfulness exercises for successfully managing ADHD.