- This event has passed.
Project STIR™ Training
November 4 @ 12:30 pm - November 6 @ 5:00 pm| $50 – $650
Steps Toward Independence and Responsibility
Nov. 4-6, 2019
Crown Plaza North-Columbus
Deadline: October 11, 2019
WHO? OSDA invites 30 youth and adults who live with disabilities to this three-day Project STIR™ training. As a participant, you will need a support person–called an ally–to come with you. Your ally may be a family member, staff person or friend. Your ally will join you in the training and assist you. After the training, your ally should be willing to help you advocate and become a leader.
WHAT? Project STIR™ will give you the tools to help advocate for yourself, connect with others, and gain leadership skills. Trainers will present information, give demonstrations, and involve people in small group activities and role plays.
You will learn about:
- How to stand up for yourself
- How to speak up about things important to you
- How to become a leader
- How to solve problems
- Your rights and responsibilities
- How to start a local network group
Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities
Ohio Self Determination Association
Partially funded by the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council under the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act.
WHEN? Training begins: Monday, November 4 at 12:30 pm
Training ends: Wednesday, November 6 at 5:00 pm
WHERE? Crown Plaza North
6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229
REGISTRATION FEE: $550 – OSDA Members / $650 – Non-Members
Not a member? Join now at the OSDA website and register at the Member fee. Click this link and scroll to the bottom of the page: http://www.osdaohio.org/pricing/
Fee covers the expenses below for both you and your ally:
- All program materials, notebooks and handouts-18 hours of CEUs.
- Breakfast and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday. Afternoon snacks. Dinner each evening is “on your own.” No meals on the first day.
- The Registration Fee does NOT include your hotel room for 2 nights OSDA has arranged for a reduced rate of $99 / night plus fees and taxes. Please contact the hotel directly to make sleeping arrangements at (614) 885-1885. You will need a credit or debit card to reserve the room.
If you receive SELF Waiver services, you may arrange to pay part ($260) through Participant Directed Goods and Services. Contact Dana Charlton
If you are a resident of Franklin County, your fee is $50, but you must contact Crystal Schneider prior to 10/11/19 at email@example.com (614) 342-5545 or Fax: (614) 342-5590
Registration deadline is October 11, 2019
Complete the Registration Form and email or mail to OSDA at the address below
OSDA, 6155 Huntley Road, Suite i, Columbus, OH 43229
Make checks or POs payable to OSDA