If you would like to request training for yourself, your family, a group of parents, a school, an agency/provider, your business, or a county board, please complete the request form at the bottom of the page and submit. Some of the types of Training we provide are as follows:
- Open to the General Public
- Sign up on line via our Calendar of Events
- 1 hr. Quarterly online events that focus on principals and specific use of tools.
- Length can vary.
- Provided to people with lived experience or families to apply the principles and use the tools in their own lives-.
- Why: Aid in problem-solving, finding resources, connecting and finding peer support, planning, brainstorming, identifying possibilities, sharing with others who support them, and advocacy.
- What: Ways to organize and record thoughts, confidence, and empowerment so that they can convey their
- wants and needs, the vision of a good life, and ability to identify a variety of supports.
- 1 hr. or less (Elevator Speech)
- Why: Asked to share in a specific time frame
- What: Core Concept, Principles, and application regarding the group/agency you are speaking to
- 1 hr./DODD CEU Overview and introduction without group participation. (Online video or live presentation)
- Why: Know little to nothing about CtLC and are curious to learn more and see where it is applicable
- What: Core Concept, 8 principles, Examples of tools, representations of applications of tools or principles
Overview of CtLC:
- 2 or 3 hrs./DODD CEUs
- Why: Interest in learning more and how to use and integrate CtLC into their work or life.
- What: Overview of the core concepts and principles, intro to some tools, some tabletop or break out
- room work/discussion/chat; can be provided to any group, people with lived experience, families, professionals
- 3 or more hrs-Mulitple Sessions.
- Why: Have some experience with CtLC. Want assistance with functional application in their specific role and use in actual situations.
- What: Overview of the core concept and principles, intro to some tools, actual use of tools (on self or with someone else), shared learning experiences (break out rooms to discuss the experience of applying principle/using tool)
Community Overview (SSA Training):
- 3 hrs./DODD CEUs
- 3 Hrs. over 3 sessions /DODD CEUs (Portfolio Only)
- Prerequisite: participants attend a 1-hour Overview or Basics
- Why: Participants want to integrate CtLC into their practice. Commitment to attend, do homework and contributing back to the Community of Practice
- What: Overview of the core concept and principles, introduction to some tools, actual use of tools in their work (with people receiving services, with a team, org level), Must cover the use of all tools on
- 9 Hrs. over 6 sessions / 9 hrs DODD CEUs
- Prerequisite: participants attend a 2-3 hour Overview
- Why: Participants want to integrate CtLC into their practice. Commitment to attending, doing homework, and contributing back to the Community of Practice
- What: Overview of the core concept and principles, introduction to some tools, actual use of tools in their work (with people receiving services, with a team, org level), Must cover use of all tools on Portfolio.